Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ghetto Blastin'

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love our neighborhood. It's a hop away from an amazing nature trail that goes on for miles. Our street is not a main drag, so it isn't busy - the streets couldn't be more safe.

But, we have a ghetto neighbor. What do I mean by that? I mean that in the "ghetto blaster" sense, because they are the most noisy, inconsiderate neighbors around. They blast their music from their cars - when they're driving, when they're playing in the yard, whenever. At all ungodly hours of the night, although during the day as well.

Fortunately, the city we live in has fairly strict noise ordinances. I need them today! After the police came and talked to our noisy neighbors, they turned down their music.

For 10 minutes.

Then they cranked it right back up. So I called again - because seriously, that is some major rudeness. I don't know if the police will come back out or not. I hope so, but then again, it didn't seem to do much good last time. But maybe a second visit would convince them to knock it off and be good neighbors.

I know, I know. I'm naive to think that they'll change their inconsiderate ways - especially seeing their reaction to the first cop's visit. But sometimes, all you can do is hope.

And invest in quality ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment